Marriage Annulment Lawyers
“The firm packages most of its legal services with an all-inclusive fixed fee that is affordable for all.”
The Straits Times
An annulment is a process that legally brings your marriage to an end. Thereafter, the marriage is invalid and ceases ever to have existed in law. Unlike a divorce, which requires you to be married for at least 3 years before you can file for one, you may be able to annul your marriage even if you have not been married for at least 3 years if you can meet the required criteria.
PKWA Law is ranked by The Straits Times as one of Singapore’s Best Family Law Firms. Our lawyers are also consistently named as leading Singapore family lawyers by publications such as Benchmark Litigation, Asian Legal Business, Singapore Business Review, and Doyle’s Guide.
How can you get your marriage annulled in Singapore?
One person must start the process with a writ on the grounds the marriage is either voidable or void.
Void marriage examples include:
- One person is already married.
- Someone is under 18 and has not been authorised to get married.
- Marriages between Muslims that are registered/solemnised under civil law.
- Where the marriage was not properly solemnised.
- The parties in the marriage are closely related by blood.
Voidable marriage examples include:
- The wife was already pregnant by another man at the time of the marriage.
- Due to one or both parties’ incapacity, the marriage has not been consummated.
- One party wilfully refuses to consummate the marriage.
- The marriage has come about without valid consent due to one party consenting under a mental disorder, mistake, or duress.
How long does it take?
If the matter is uncontested, the annulment process takes 4-6 months. At the end of the case, you will receive a Certificate of Nullity.
Fixed, clear & transparent fees
We are here to help
Please get in touch to discuss your situation.