Award Winning Divorce Lawyers
“Hailed as a leading specialist for family and divorce law in Singapore.”
The Straits Times
“A leading specialist for family and divorce law in Singapore. The firm packages most of its legal services with an all-inclusive fee that is affordable for all.” – The Straits Times
Ranked as a leading divorce law firm
PKWA Law provides top-quality divorce services at reasonable legal fees starting from $1,290. We have one of the largest teams of experienced and dedicated divorce lawyers in Singapore. Our team of family lawyers are consistently named as leading Singapore divorce lawyers by the Straits Times, Benchmark Litigation, Asian Legal Business, Singapore Business Review and Doyle’s Guide.
Affordable fixed fees
Whether your divorce is contested or uncontested, our fees are fixed, clear and transparent from the outset. Our divorce fees start from just $1,290.
Court of Appeal wins
Our focus is to settle a divorce matter amicably, and we successfully settle about 90% of our cases. However, if your spouse does not wish to settle, we often achieve exceptional results in litigation.
PKWA divorce lawyers have won two Court of Appeal cases, including one where the Court of Appeal awarded our client 75% of $13.6 million in matrimonial assets, up from 25%. The swing in matrimonial assets from 25% to 75% in favour of our client is arguably one of the highest in divorce history in Singapore. The judgment was 60 pages long, and the Court of Appeal judges described the case as “complicated,” “challenging” and “highly unusual.”
In a case that was reported extensively in the Straits Times in October 2022, we successfully acted for the ex-wife in a divorce case where the ex-husband had “went all out to hide over $3 million” from her.
With more than 130 employees and 30 years of history, we are committed to helping you obtain the best possible results. PKWA Law’s clients include individuals and corporations such as DBS, OCBC, UOB, Maybank, HSBC, Citibank and CPF Board. We are a safe and trusted choice.
Why people choose us
- Affordable Fees – Uncontested amicable divorce fees start from just $1290. If your divorce is contested, please contact us so we can give you an estimate of divorce fees.
- Leading Lawyers – Our lawyers are consistently ranked as leading Singapore divorce lawyers by respected legal publications.
- Excellent Reviews – We consistently get excellent reviews from our clients. Our clients’ testimonials can be read here.
- Family Law Specialists – Our lawyers are divorce specialists and are Accredited Mediators and Accredited Collaborative Family Practitioners with the Singapore Mediation Centre.
- Solid Reputation – PKWA Law is recognised as one of Singapore’s Best Family Law Firms 2021 in the first-ever ranking of Singapore’s top law firms done by the Straits Times. PKWA Law is also one of Singapore’s top SME companies in the Singapore 1000 / SME 1000 Awards.
- Free 1st Consultation – We offer a free first consultation at our office. Our main office is conveniently located at HBD Hub, East Wing Tower.
Fixed, clear & transparent fees
No children, property or maintenance
With children, property and maintenance
Why clients choose us
PKWA Law has over 30 years of history, and with more than 100 employees. We are an established family law firm.
Our fees are fixed and affordable from the outset so that you can have peace of mind.
Our lawyers are recognized as leading family lawyers by the Straits Times, and other leading publications.
PKWA divorce lawyers have won two Court of Appeal divorce cases, including one where the ex-husband won 75% of $13.6 million in matrimonial assets, up from 25%. This is one of the largest swings in appeal history.
Frequently asked questions
Will I be eligible to file for divorce?
To get a divorce in Singapore, the applicant must satisfy 3 requirements.
- You must have been married for a minimum of 3 years unless it can be proven that the party filing for divorce has suffered exceptional hardship or the spouse has been exceptionally unreasonable and cruel.
- The second requirement is that either party must (1) be a Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident (PR), (2) have been domiciled in Singapore at the beginning of the divorce process, or (3) have lived in Singapore for the 3 years immediately preceding the divorce application.
- The third requirement is that the party filing for divorce must show that there has been an “irretrievable breakdown” of the marriage.
Please do reach out to discuss your situation and we can better guide you on your eligibility and options. The first consultation is free.
What are the potential grounds for divorce?
There is only one real ground for divorce – the party filing for divorce must show an “irretrievable breakdown” of the marriage. To establish “irretrievable breakdown”, the party filing for divorce is required to prove one of the following five facts:
- Unreasonable behaviour;
- Desertion for 2 years;
- Separation for 3 years (and the defendant consents to a divorce); and
- Separation for 4 years.
It is best to speak to a divorce lawyer to review your circumstances and seek advice on the possible options and next steps involved.
What is the cost of divorce?
At PKWA Law we believe in fixed, clear & transparent pricing.
Uncontested / amicable divorce
- No children, property or maintenance
- With children, property and maintenance
Pricing will vary. Please get in touch for a free initial consultation.
What is an uncontested divorce?
An uncontested divorce is one where both parties agree to a divorce and all ancillary issues. The main areas for agreement to be reached include:
- the reason for divorce;
- the party who will obtain care and control of the children;
- how the assets are divided, and;
- a reasonable amount of maintenance.
Under an uncontested divorce, the interim judgment will be issued after 4 weeks, before final judgment is given 3 months from the date of obtaining the interim judgment.
Can I get a divorce even if my spouse refuses?
Yes, even if your spouse is not agreeable to the divorce, you may still proceed to file for a contested divorce. In a contested divorce, the time frame for a case to be concluded is about 6 to 12 months on average.
It would be advisable to speak to us for a free consultation so we can assess your situation and give you some options and next steps.
How long does it take to get divorced in Singapore?
The time it takes to get divorced in Singapore will depend on the complexity of the situation and the amount of negotiation required. Generally speaking, a simplified uncontested divorce tends to be settled quicker, and an interim judgment can take as little as one month. A contested divorce may take 6 months or more to conclude.