Award Winning Divorce Lawyers
“Hailed as a leading specialist for family and divorce law in Singapore.”
The Straits Times
PKWA Law provides top-quality divorce services at reasonable legal fees starting from $1,200. We have one of the largest teams of experienced and dedicated divorce lawyers in Singapore, and we can help you to obtain a divorce with the best possible results. Whether you need a divorce lawyer for a contested divorce, uncontested divorce, separation agreement or any other family law matter, we can help.
PKWA Law is ranked by The Straits Times as one of Singapore’s Best Family Law Firms. Our lawyers are also consistently named as leading Singapore family lawyers by publications such as Benchmark Litigation, Asian Legal Business, Singapore Business Review, and Doyle’s Guide. Our fees are fixed, clear and transparent from the outset, and we are happy to offer a free initial consultation.
Our focus is to settle a divorce matter amicably in a non-confrontational manner. However, if your spouse does not wish to settle, we often achieve exceptional results in litigation. PKWA divorce lawyers helped a client to win a Court of Appeal divorce case where the ex-husband won 75% of $13.6 million in matrimonial assets, up from 25%. The swing in matrimonial assets from 25% to 75% is arguably one of the highest in divorce cases in Singapore.
PKWA Law’s divorce lawyers have also won another landmark Court of Appeal case involving the new Singapore law on the division of matrimonial assets. Ultimately we are here to fight your corner whenever the need might arise, and we have a proven track record of success.
Why people choose us
- Affordable Fees – Uncontested amicable divorce fees start from just $1200. If your divorce is contested, please contact us so we can give you an estimate of divorce fees.
- Leading Lawyers – Our lawyers are consistently ranked as leading Singapore divorce lawyers by respected legal publications.
- Excellent Reviews – We consistently get excellent reviews from our clients. Our clients’ testimonials can be read here.
- Family Law Specialists – Our lawyers are divorce specialists and are Accredited Mediators and Accredited Collaborative Family Practitioners with the Singapore Mediation Centre.
- Solid Reputation – PKWA Law is recognised as one of Singapore’s Best Family Law Firms 2021 in the first-ever ranking of Singapore’s top law firms done by the Straits Times. PKWA Law is also one of Singapore’s top SME companies in the Singapore 1000 / SME 1000 Awards.
- Free 1st Consultation – We offer a free first consultation at our office. Our main office is conveniently located at HBD Hub, East Wing Tower.
Fixed, clear & transparent fees
Divorce*GST not included
$1,200 all in
No children, property or maintenance
$1,900 all in
With children, property and maintenance
Pricing varies. Please get in touch to discuss your situation
Frequently asked questions
Will I be eligible to file for divorce?
To get a divorce in Singapore, the applicant must satisfy 3 requirements.
- You must have been married for a minimum of 3 years unless it can be proven that the party filing for divorce has suffered exceptional hardship or the spouse has been exceptionally unreasonable and cruel.
- The second requirement is that either party must (1) be a Singapore Citizen or Permanent Resident (PR), (2) have been domiciled in Singapore at the beginning of the divorce process, or (3) have lived in Singapore for the 3 years immediately preceding the divorce application.
- The third requirement is that the party filing for divorce must show that there has been an “irretrievable breakdown” of the marriage.
Please do reach out to discuss your situation and we can better guide you on your eligibility and options. The first consultation is free.
What are the potential grounds for divorce?
There is only one real ground for divorce – the party filing for divorce must show an “irretrievable breakdown” of the marriage. To establish “irretrievable breakdown”, the party filing for divorce is required to prove one of the following five facts:
- Unreasonable behaviour;
- Desertion for 2 years;
- Separation for 3 years (and the defendant consents to a divorce); and
- Separation for 4 years.
It is best to speak to a divorce lawyer to review your circumstances and seek advice on the possible options and next steps involved.
What is the cost of divorce?
At PKWA Law we believe in fixed, clear & transparent pricing.
Uncontested / amicable divorce
- $1,200 all in
- No children, property or maintenance
- $1,900 all in
- With children, property and maintenance
Pricing will vary. Please get in touch for a free initial consultation.
What is an uncontested divorce?
An uncontested divorce is one where both parties agree to a divorce and all ancillary issues. The main areas for agreement to be reached include:
- the reason for divorce;
- the party who will obtain care and control of the children;
- how the assets are divided, and;
- a reasonable amount of maintenance.
Under an uncontested divorce, the interim judgment will be issued after 4 weeks, before final judgment is given 3 months from the date of obtaining the interim judgment.
Can I get a divorce even if my spouse refuses?
Yes, even if your spouse is not agreeable to the divorce, you may still proceed to file for a contested divorce. In a contested divorce, the time frame for a case to be concluded is about 6 to 12 months on average.
It would be advisable to speak to us for a free consultation so we can assess your situation and give you some options and next steps.