30 years of serving the heartlands
Welcome to PKWA Law
PKWA Law Practice LLC was constituted as a law corporation on 1 March 2004 to take over the practice and business of its predecessor, a law firm established in 1988.
PKWA Law was recently named as one of ‘Singapore’s Best Law Firms’ in 2021 in the first-ever national survey by the Straits Times.
With more than 30 years of experience, PKWA Law has established itself as one of the leading law firms in Singapore. We are focused on providing top-quality and affordable legal services in conveyancing, divorce law, family law, wills, probate, litigation, corporate services and insurance law.
PKWA Law’s areas of practice include
Conveyancing & Property Law
Our clients include developers, financiers, property investors, all major banks, CPF Board, property managers and private clients.
Recognised as one of the leading family law firms in Singapore, we are known for providing fixed, transparent, and affordable fees in addition to legal excellence.
Our dedicated estate lawyers work with clients on Wills, Probate & Letters of Administration, Deputyship, and LPAs.
Litigation & Dispute Resolution
Dealing with a dispute effectively takes skill. We assist and support out clients with legal knowledge and strategy.
Corporate & Commercial Law
Our corporate team combine strong technical expertise with a track record in delivering flexibility and effective solutions.
Our team of employment lawyers specialise in employment contracts in Singapore. We handle both non-contentious and contentious matters.
Under investigation or charged with a crime? speak to a dedicated criminal defence lawyer from PKWA.
Privacy & Data Protection
Our lawyers represent clients on data protection, including regulatory issues, data breaches, and compliance issues.
Our awards and accolades
- PKWA Law has been recognised as one of the top law firms in Singapore by the Straits Times in its “Singapore’s Best Law Firms 2021” survey. PKWA Law was named as a top law firm in conveyancing, family law, real estate and inheritance and succession.
- PKWA Law is recognised as one of Singapore’s top Conveyancing and Family Law Firms in the ALB SE Asia Law Awards by Asian Legal Business.
- PKWA Law is ranked as one of Singapore’s top companies in 2017, 2018 and 2019 in the annual “Singapore 1000 / SME 1000 Awards”. The winners are selected based on financial performance and merit by DP Information Group, Ernst & Young and government agencies IE Singapore, SPRING Singapore, Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority of Singapore (ACRA), Info-communications Media Development Authority of Singapore (IMDA) and the Singapore Business Federation.
Conveyancing & Real Estate
In the area of real estate law, PKWA Law has one of the largest Conveyancing and Real Estate Law practices in Singapore and is regarded as a leading conveyancing law firm.
We are on the panel of lawyers of every major bank and financial institution in Singapore, including DBS, UOB, OCBC, Maybank, Standard Chartered Bank, HSBC, Citibank, ANZ Bank and CPF Board. PKWA Law has been recognised by Asian Legal Business as one of the leading real estate law firms in Singapore.
Family and Divorce Law
In family law, PKWA Family Law is regarded as a leading family and matrimonial law firm in Singapore. Our achievements include:
- Won two important Court of Appeal decisions for our clients on the issue of division of matrimonial assets.
- PKWA Law ranked as one of the leading Family Law Firms in the 2019 edition of Benchmark Litigation Asia-Pacific. PKWA Law has ranked again in the 2020 edition.
- Mr Lim Chong Boon is ranked by Benchmark Litigation Asia Pacific 2019 and 2020 as a Dispute Resolution Star.
- Dorothy Tan is listed in the “Top 100 Women in Litigation” in Asia-Pacific by Benchmark Litigation 2021. She is among 11 Singapore female lawyers who are recognised. Dorothy is recognised as a leading lawyer in family and matrimonial law.
- Recognised as one of the leading Family Law Firms in Singapore by Asian Legal Business at the annual ALB Southeast Asia Law Awards in 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019.
- Doyles Guide – PKWA Law is ranked as a leading family law firm. Lim Chong Boon and Dorothy Tan are ranked as leading family lawyers in Singapore.
- Doyles Guide to Leading Family & Divorce Lawyers – Singapore, 2017 – Mr Lim Chong Boon and Ms Dorothy Tan are both ranked by their peers as “Leading Family and Divorce Lawyers in Singapore 2017”.
- PKWA Law is ranked as a “Leading Family and Divorce Law Firm in Singapore” in 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019 by Doyles Guide to Leading Singapore Family & Divorce Lawyers.
- Doyles Guide of Leading Singapore Family Lawyers 2016 – Lim Chong Boon and Dorothy Tan are ranked as Leading Family and Divorce Lawyers Singapore. PKWA Law is also ranked as a recommended Leading Family Law Firm.
- PKWA’s family lawyers Dorothy Tan and Low Jin Liang named among Singapore’s “Most Influential Lawyers Under 40” by Singapore Business Review 2016.
- Dorothy was shortlisted for “Woman Lawyer of the Year” by Asian Legal Business at the SE Asia Law Awards 2018. She was selected by an independent panel of 30 legal experts and is the only family lawyer in the shortlist.
- Dorothy Tan is named as one of Asia’s top young lawyers by Asian Legal Business 2016.
- Dorothy Tan nominated for “Young Lawyer of the Year” at SE Asia Law Awards 2017.
- Global Law Experts 2015 Edition — Lim Chong Boon is a recommended lawyer in “Family and Civil”.
Corporate & Commercial Law
In the area of corporate law, PKWA Law provides corporate law advice, commercial contracts review and drafting for SMEs at affordable fixed fees.
In general litigation, PKWA lawyers have a wide range of experience in arbitration and litigation in matters such as debt recovery, probate litigation, company disputes, business disputes and contractual disputes.
We undertake insurance work from all the major insurance companies including motor, personal injury, public liability, contractors’ all risks, professional indemnity, fire, personal accident, life and performance bonds claims.
HDB Hub Toa Payoh Main Office
#16-00, HDB Hub,
East Wing Tower,
Level 34, #34-00,
Vision Exchange, #24-01,