Deed of Separation Lawyers
“Hailed as a leading specialist for family and divorce law in Singapore.”
The Straits Times
PKWA family lawyers are consistently named as leading Singapore lawyers by the Straits Times, Benchmark Litigation, Asian Legal Business, Singapore Business Review and Doyle’s Guide. Our firm has more than 130 employees and 30 years of history. Our clients include all the major banks such as DBS, UOB, OCBC and Maybank. We are a safe and trusted choice.
Our fees are fixed, clear and transparent from the outset, and we are happy to offer a free initial consultation.
For many people, the thought of a divorce seems like an overwhelming change of circumstances. In those situations where you feel it’s too early to make a permanent decision, a Deed of Separation is the best way forward.
Situations where you might separate rather than get divorced include:
- Where you have been married for less than 3 years.
- Wanting time to decide the best way forward without rushing for a divorce.
- You have strong religious beliefs.
- You’ve not fulfilled the Minimum Occupancy Period (MOP) to sell your HDB flat.
What can the Deed of Separation do for you?
Because the document is an agreement between a married couple that is legally binding, it allows you to express the terms of your separation.
For instance, it could set out:
- Housing arrangements for couples who no longer wish to live together.
- How the marital assets should be divided.
- Which party will have the custody, care, and control of the children.
- Access arrangements regarding the children.
- Whether maintenance should be paid by one party to another and for their children.
The Deed of Separation is a private document and not lodged with a court.
It’s crucial that you seek advice from a law firm that are experts in dealing with this area of law before you proceed with a Deed of Separation.
PKWA Law is here to help and advise you on the best way forward to deal with your separation at what is a distressing time.
Fixed, clear & transparent fees
Deed of Separation
Deed of Separation
We are here to help
Why clients choose us
Our fees are fixed and affordable from the outset so that you can have peace of mind.
Our lawyers are recognized as leading family lawyers by the Straits Times, and other leading publications.