Civil & Commercial Litigation Lawyers
Whatever stage your dispute might be at our dedicated team of litigation lawyers can help. We are experienced in handling matters that reach court, but also capable of resolving your dispute through alternative methods such as mediation.
PKWA Law is consistently ranked by the Straits Times as one of Singapore’s Best Law Firms. The ranking is based on more than 10,000 recommendations made by over 4,000 lawyers (peer-to-peer survey), in-house lawyers (corporate legal departments) and clients in more than 15 different fields of law.
The civil and commercial litigation lawyers in PKWA Law have vast experience in a wide range of litigation matters, including the following:
- Contract claims
- Building & Construction
- Corporate Litigation
- Corporate and Commercial Disputes
- Debt Recovery / Collection
- Employer and Employee Disputes
- Estate and Trust
- Corporate and Personal Insolvency
- Intellectual Property Related Transactions
- Sale of Goods/Commercial Transactions
- Landlord and Tenant
- Property Disputes
Our focus is on commercial and civil litigation. Our commercial and civil litigation lawyers are also experienced in property-related litigation such as breach of contract over property and property defects.
Some of our Commercial, Civil & Arbitration Cases
- Acting in protracted and highly complex litigation in the Singapore High Court of one of the largest corporate bond defaults in emerging markets history. The claim was worth US$300 million and involved legal experts from the US and Indonesia. The case was heard in 3 different countries, and the parties litigated all the way up to the Supreme Court of New York, the Supreme Court of Indonesia and the Singapore High Court.
- Advising the leading global operator of water services in employment matters and general corporate advice for its Asia Pacific office.
- Acting for a government statutory board in property disputes and to obtain possession of property from errant tenants.
- Acting for all 8 defendants to successfully defend a US$27 million multi cause of action claim for breach of contract, breach of agency and conspiracy to defraud. The matter reached the Court of Appeal, which upheld our arguments.
- Acting for one of the largest property agency companies in Singapore claims against some of its former employees and agents for poaching its staff and for breach of contract.
- Defending former students in a defamation suit brought by a well- known options trading trainer.
- Acting for a US-listed MNC in litigation over the construction of a wafer fab plant in Singapore.
- Acting for DBS Bank in the recovery of credit card and housing loans.
- Acting for the Nominee to successfully seek bankruptcy protection under the Bankruptcy Act for two directors of a Singapore listed company. This allowed the directors to resolve and restructure their personal liabilities of about $51 million arising out of corporate guarantees they had executed in connection with the company’s debts.
- Advising a major international hotel chain in their dispute against their Singapore landlord.
- Acting in the Singapore High Court in litigation with an international construction and engineering company over the construction of a plant. The case was one of the first in Singapore to involve electronic discovery of documents stored in servers.