Low Jin Liang is a Senior Associate Director in PKWA Law. He is also the Deputy Co-Head of our Family & Divorce Practice Group. His expertise is in divorce and family cases with complex financial issues, including division of assets.
In 2022, Jin Liang was included in the Asian Legal Business listing of Asia Rising Stars – Singapore edition. ALB Singapore Rising Stars feature Singapore lawyers under the age of 40 who are recognised by their colleagues, superiors and clients for their high-quality work.
In 2016, Jin Liang was also named as one of "Singapore's Most Influential Lawyers Under 40" by Singapore Business Review.
Jin Liang has acted as lead counsel in many highly contentious divorce proceedings in the Family Court and High Court. He has a warm, approachable nature, and is known for being thoughtful and good with numbers. He is a popular lawyer and in demand by his clients.
Jin Liang graduated from King’s College London (United Kingdom) with a 2nd Upper Honours degree. After he was called to the Singapore Bar, he worked as a banking and finance lawyer at one of Singapore’s largest firms before switching to fulfill his childhood dream of being a family lawyer.
Jin Liang's work experience includes:
- He has acted as lead counsel in over 600 highly contentious divorce proceedings in the Family Court and Supreme Court. His cases typically involve multi-million dollar division of matrimonial assets, maintenance and complex children custody issues.
- Acting as lead counsel for a private client in a $40 million dispute.
- Acting as lead counsel for a private client in a $41 million dispute.
- Acting for major banks and financiers such as DBS, UOB, OCBC, Bank Central Asia, Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, MG Leasing Corporation, Showa Leasing Co. Ltd, and borrowers in financing and refinancing transactions for construction projects, cross-border finance lease transactions and floor stock facilities.
- Acting for YTL Power Seraya to advise and negotiate on all its ISDA documentation for FX and commodities transactions.
- Acting for major banks, such as Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation, OCBC, UOB and DBS on banking and finance transactions in Myanmar and advising on regulatory and compliance requirements under Myanmar law in relation to the grant of offshore loans and grant of security in Myanmar by foreign banks.
- Acting for the Laguna, Banyan Tree and Angsana group in the development of the largest fully-integrated resort in Vietnam and in the sale of resort units and villas for investment and residential purposes in Vietnam.
- Acting for reputable clients on investments/joint ventures in Vietnam and Myanmar, including for Sembcorp Development in a joint venture for the development of the Vietnam-Singapore Industrial Park in Binh Duong province of Vietnam, for Keppel Land in the development of various residential plots in Vietnam and for Mitsubishi Corporation in a US$200 million joint venture for the investment of an integrated food business in Myanmar.
Appointments and Memberships
- Singapore Mediation Centre Accredited Mediator.
- Singapore Mediation Centre Accredited Collaborative Family Practitioner (CFP).
- Appointed to Singapore Mediation Centre’s Panel of Collaborative Family Practitioners (CFP).
- Associate Mediator of the Law Society Mediation Scheme Panel of Mediators.
- Member, Law Society of Singapore.
- Member, Singapore Academy of Laws.
- Vice-Chairman, Electoral Appeal Committee, Football Association of Singapore.
- Appointed by the Chief Justice to the Inquiry Panel of the Law Society of Singapore.