Low Jin Liang is a Senior Associate Director in PKWA Law. He is also the Deputy Co-Head of our Family & Divorce Practice Group. His expertise is in divorce and family cases with complex financial issues, including division of assets. In 2016 he was recognised as one of Singapore's most influential lawyers under 40 by Singapore Business Review.
Jin Liang is a lawyer with a genuine love for the practice of family law, which is demonstrated when he switched from a promising career in corporate law at an established law firm to do family law. He approaches his work with a blend of intelligence, integrity and compassion. Because of his warm, approachable nature, and his thoughtful, client-centered perspective, he is a popular lawyer and in demand by his clients.
Jin Liang graduated from King’s College London (United Kingdom) with a 2nd Upper Honours degree. After he was called to the Singapore Bar, he worked as a banking and finance lawyer at one of Singapore’s largest firms. His work experience includes:
- Acting for major banks and financiers such as DBS, UOB, OCBC, Bank Central Asia, Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, MG Leasing Corporation, Showa Leasing Co. Ltd and borrowers in financing and refinancing transactions for construction projects, cross border finance lease transactions and floor stock facilities.
- Acting for YTL Power Seraya to advise and negotiate on all its ISDA documentation for FX and commodities transactions.
- Acting for major banks, such as Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation, OCBC, UOB and DBS on banking and finance transactions in Myanmar and advising on regulatory and compliance requirement under Myanmar law in relation to grant of offshore loans and grant of security in Myanmar by foreign banks.
- Acting for the Laguna, Banyan Tree and Angsana group in the development of the largest fully-integrated resort in Vietnam and in the sale of resort units and villas for investment and residential purposes in Vietnam.
- Acting for reputable clients on investments/joint ventures in Vietnam and Myanmar, including for Sembcorp Development in a joint venture for the development of the Vietnam-Singapore Industrial Park in Binh Duong province of Vietnam, for Keppel Land in the development of various residential plots in Vietnam and for Mitsubishi Corporation in a US$200 million joint venture for the investment of an integrated food business in Myanmar.
Having done corporate finance work, Jin Liang decided to fulfil his childhood dream of being a family lawyer and to help families in need as he finds it more fulfilling than corporate law.