DOROTHY TAN NOMINATED FOR “YOUNG LAWYER OF THE YEAR”
Dorothy Tan, Deputy Head of PKWA Law’s Family Law Department, has been shortlisted by leading independent legal publication Asian Legal Business for “Young Lawyer of the Year‘.
Dorothy Tan, Deputy Head of PKWA Law’s Family Law Department, has been shortlisted by leading independent legal publication Asian Legal Business for “Young Lawyer of the Year‘. Dorothy was selected by an independent judging panel of at least 30 senior and expert legal industry leaders.
Among her other accomplishments:
1. Dorothy was named as one of Asia’s top young lawyers in Asian Legal Business 2016 listing of “40 under 40 – Asia’s Brightest Young Legal Minds”. The list comprises of lawyers under the age of 40 who have been recognised for doing important deals, working on key disputes and other high-quality work, and earning accolades from their colleagues and clients.
2. Dorothy is also ranked by her peers as a Leading Family and Divorce Lawyer in Doyles Guide of Leading Singapore Family and Divorce Lawyers in 2016.
3. Dorothy is also listed by respected magazine Singapore Business Review as one of “Singapore’s Most Influential Lawyers under 40 Years Old” in 2016. She was selected from a list of almost a hundred nominees based on thought leadership, influence, and success.
4. Dorothy is arguably the youngest lawyer to lead a team and to successfully argue at the highest court in Singapore, the Court of Appeal. The case of Twiss, Christopher James Hans v Twiss, Yvonne Prendergast  SGCA 52 has become a landmark case and is often cited in numerous family law cases. The client’s testimonial for Dorothy’s hard work can be found at sgdivorcelawyer.sg.
5. She is the youngest person ever to be made a Director at PKWA LAW.