ABOUT DOROTHY TAN
In Doyles Guide’s 2018 rankings of Leading Singapore Family & Divorce Lawyers Dorothy Tan was identified by her fellow Solicitors specialising in Family Law as one of Singapore’s Leading Family Lawyers. Doyles Guide’s 2018 Singapore Family Law Rankings can be viewed here.
Dorothy Tan is consistently recognised by legal publications and by her peers as a leading family lawyer. She is much sought after by clients for her tremendous hard work and expertise.
Dorothy has received the following accolades:
- Dorothy was named as one of Asia’s top young lawyers in Asian Legal Business listing of “40 under 40 – Asia’s Brightest Young Legal Minds” in 2016. The list comprises of lawyers under the age of 40 who have been recognised for doing important deals, working on key disputes and other high quality work, and earning accolades from their colleagues and clients.
- Dorothy won a landmark case at the Singapore Court of Appeal, after the client had turned to her for help when he lost at the High Court. The Court of Appeal case that Dorothy won (Twiss, Christopher James Hans v Twiss, Yvonne Prendergast  SGCA 52) has become a landmark case and has been cited and followed by the Singapore Courts in decisions involving division of matrimonial assets. Her client wrote a glowing testimonial of Dorothy’s skills, dedication and hard work, which can be found here.
- Dorothy is arguably one of the youngest lawyers at age 25 to lead a team and to win at the Court of Appeal and in a case that is now a landmark decision.
- Dorothy was nominated for “Young Lawyer of the Year” by Asian Legal Business at the SE Asia Law Awards in 2017. She was selected by an independent judging panel of 30 legal experts.
- Dorothy is also ranked by her peers as a Leading Family and Divorce Lawyer in Doyles Guide of Leading Singapore Family and Divorce Lawyers in 2016, 2017 and 2018.
- Singapore Business Review also named Dorothy as one of “Singapore’s Most Influential Lawyers under 40 Years Old” in 2016. She was selected from a list of almost a hundred nominees based on thought leadership, influence, and success.
- Dorothy was shortlisted for “Woman Lawyer of the Year” at Asian Legal Business SE Asia Law Awards 2018.